Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where do i plug the code scanner into my 1993 ford probe?

I have a 1993 ford probe and the check engine light is on. I have the tool to check it but i dont know where to plug it in. There is a small box by the fuse box under the hood that reads diagnostic but the plug is wrong.|||OBM-II scanners are for a 1996 and later car. To reset your check engine light on your model just unhook the battery for ten minutes.|||I own a 1994 Ford Probe GT. My car only has a diagnostics under the hood by fue box. The plug you see is two different ones. The top one is for an OBD1 (Ford) and the lower one is for a mazda).

Report Abuse


|||you need OBD-1 not OBD-II type scanner check for secondary scan plug under the dash.|||make sure you have the right code scanner. 96 and newer cars have code scanners that have screens and the older cars use a totaly different scanner that uses a flashing light system and a book. They have different style plug ins the old scanner has only like 4-5 prongs and are usely pluged in under the hood, newer ons have like15 and get pluged in under the dash|||Well, my step-dad has a 93 ford probe gt v-6. Under the hood on the driver side fenderwell there is a diagnostic connector. It has like 16 pins. You know ford bought mazda so I thought it would take an import scanner.In 96 gov mandated obd2 on all cars. Some manufacturers started a little earlier. I believe that this connector is an obd2 style connector that may be an obd2 system, but more than likely is an OBD1 diagnostic system. I am going to try an obd2 scanner on it an see if it plugs up and if it will scan it. You know how fords are now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment