Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I use a ford probe GL engine block to rebuilt a probe GT engine?

I have a probe gt and the block is cracked. All I can find is a probe GL engine. Really all I need to know is if I use that block will the turbo bolt on to it? Thanks|||chances are the block has been beefed up a little bit. There also might be places for a girdle for extra strength in gt engine. I don't know how the tranny will fit since the gt uses a beefed up tranny as well. I would consult ford about this question.





But what i do know is that the ford probe and mazda mx-6 shared the same chasis and the same motor. find a mazda mx-6 gt. The first generation that is that has the turbo motor. This will give you a little more options





maybe check the forums





http://www.performanceprobe.com/forum/fo鈥?/a>|||check the 8th digit of the VIN's if they are the same then it's the same engine

No comments:

Post a Comment