Saturday, November 12, 2011

Where do I find a temperature probe for my oven?

Oven will not heat up to temperature. Thermocouple operates from 1100 ohms(room temperature) to 2650 ohms. It is a Kenmore oven but Kenmore doesnt make ovens. 1990 Manufacture. Probe or thermocouple container is about 6 inches long and 1/4" dia tube containing the thermocouple wires. I could try to pull it apart but the containment is hard to take apart. I want a replacement that doesn't cost $74. To me I should be able to get something a little cheaper than that. This type is used on many different ovens. Just don't know their part numbers. Perhaps there is a generic?|||look inside the oven, on top, in the back. you see a little wire thing. skinny then fatter on the end. thats it|||I believe for Thermocouples your best choice would be to log in to http://www.omega.com they have thermocouples for a lot of different brands, good prices not as much as the $74 you mentioned, Kenmore is only the brand name they use to sell in Sears, the probe in a 1990 model should be attached to the ceiling of the oven, you'll see it, on another models is located between the walls of the oven but easy to remove..鈽?/div>


  • 5 years ago




  • Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment